The 5 Best Outdoor Misting Fans
Summer can get so warm and stuffy that even escaping to your porch or patio does little to help you cool down. Fortunately, you can find a way around this by investing in the best outdoor misting fan. With this device, you can turn mist into water and let it cool you down while you relax in your outdoor space. You can even use it to keep your guests cool and happy while you host barbecues and other get-togethers.
But don’t just go out and purchase the first product you see. Instead, browse through the list below to choose the best outdoor misting fan for you and your family:
1. Remington 16" Oscillating Outdoor Misting Fan
- Patented 4 nozzle misting system connects directly to garden hose for quick and easy cooling
- Large range of coverage with 90 degree oscillation sweep and adjustable height
- Operates as a regular fan with 3 speed and comes with a 9.5 foot power cord
- Uses only 54 watts which makes it an energy efficient way to cool a large area
- Can cool a 20' x 32' area as much as 15 degrees almost instantly which is perfect of outdoor use on a hot day
This 16-inch misting fan comes with a patented four-nozzle system that helps it create cool mist while promoting proper airflow. Using it is easy: simply connect the fan to your garden hose, choose your desired fan speed, and you’re ready to go! It can effectively cool down up to 640 square feet using only 54 watts, allowing you to beat the heat without consuming a lot of power.
2. SPT SF-1666M Oscillating Misting Fan
- 3 fan speeds and 90Degree Oscillation or fixed direction
- 4 brass nozzle misting hub (UV/rust resistant)
- 40,000 BTU's of cooling power cools up to 640 sq. ft.
- Adjustable height (47 to 56 Inch)
- Easily connects to a standard garden hose or spigot
This 40,000 BTU fan has enough power to cool up to 640 square feet of space, and it has four brass nozzles that are resistant to rust and UV light. With 90-degree oscillation and an adjustable height that can reach up to 56 inches, this fan can cater to the cooling needs of your guests and family members. The best part about this is that you can use it as an indoor fan without the mist.
3. Rowenta VU5551 Turbo Silence Oscillating 16-Inch Stand Fan
- 4-speed pedestal fan with 16-inch oscillating head and remote control
- Propeller made of 5 uniquely engineered extra-powerful quiet blades
- Moves air up to 1695 cubic feet per minute for immediate, intense sensation of cool air
- Noise ranks from 40 to 57 decibels, which equals noise levels recorded in a library
- Adjustable height from 42 to 54 inches; extra stable base; sleek bronze finish
Noise won’t be a problem when you use this stand fan. It comes with five powerful propeller blades that are designed to be super-quiet, and it’s tested to produce less than 60 decibels — which is equal to the noise levels ordinarily produced in the library. Even with its quiet operation, the fan is far from being weak since it can move air up to 1,695 cubic feet per minute to instantly cool you down in a hot day. It can be operated through remote control, allowing you to choose from the fan’s four speeds even from across the room.
4. Arctic Cove MBF018 18-Volt Bucket Top Misting Fan
- Compatible with Ryobi 18 Volt One+ batteries.
- 5-gallon bucket sold separately.
- Dual Purpose Foot Design for Sitting on a bucket or to use on a flat surface with garden hose.
- Works with 18-volt lithium-ion battery for up 2.5 hours of run time and to 7 hours of - runtime with 4.0 battery and fan on low.
This uniquely designed fan can be used in two ways: you can either set in flat on the ground and pair it with a garden hose, or make it stand up on its feet with a bucket of water underneath it. The fan is powered by an 18-volt lithium-ion battery, which can last up to 7 hours depending on the settings you use, although you’ll need to buy the battery and the charger separately.
5. WindChaser Outdoor Misting Fan
- Control the 3 fan speeds and 90 degree oscillation with the soft touch controls
- Activate the 4 nozzle misting hub by connecting to a standard garden hose.
- All components are rust free
- G-FCI safty cord
- Use outdoors as a misting fan or indoors as a high performance oscillating fan
This three-speed 16-inch fan has a cooling power of 40,000 BTU and can effectively cool down a 640 square-foot area. It comes with a rust- and UV-resistant four-nozzle hub along with a height-adjustable stand and a shower-proof motor. One of the best things about this fan is its flexibility: you can use it not just to beat the heat but also to minimize dust and flying insects, and you can even use it indoors.
Learn more about these models to select the best outdoor misting fan!