The Best Home Theater Receiver in the Market Today
Whatever the reason you’re in the market looking to buy the best home theater receiver, you will need to do a bit of research on your options before buying online or from your friendly neighborhood appliance center. Whether you’re looking to buy one to replace the one you have that’s already very old or for your recently purchased Blu-ray disc player, you need to weigh out all your options to find the one that truly gives you your money’s worth.
The home theater receivers you will find nowadays are packed with cool features that you won’t find in older units. But with all the advanced technology that comes with each unit, it can be pretty challenging to choose which one to buy. This is why, this article offers insights on what online reviews are saying about some of the best home theater receiver in the market today.
Here are some of the best options for the best home theater receiver:
- Yamaha RX-V679BL 7.2-Channel MusicCast AV Receiver with Bluetooth
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- YPAO - Reflected Sound Control
- Dialogue Lift & Dialogue Volume
- 4K / 60p 4:4:4 pass-through, 4K video up conversion
- Sirius, Airplay, Pandora, Spotify Connect, tuner, PC / NAS, Bluetooth
The Yamaha RX-V679BL is a 7.2-channel audio-video receiver is equipped with the 4K Ultra HD video compatibility with HDCP 2.2. It also has advanced configurations for multi-zone speakers along with discrete amp circuitry. But what most online reviews for the best home theater receiver are raving about is the fact that it can let you connect your mobile devices via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection. This feature allows you to stream videos, music and shows. Aside from that, this model allows for input playbacks through Zone 2 speakers. However, you’ll need to update the firmware as soon as it is connected to your Wi-Fi. You’ll have to be patient searching for the updates, though.
- Denon AVR-S500BT 5.2 Channel AV Receiver With 4K Capability and Bluetooth
- 5.2 channel A/V Receiver with 70W per channel
- 4K Ultra HD/60Hz full rate pass through with 3 designated HDMI inputs and full HDCP 2.2 support
- Built in Bluetooth
- Dolby TruHD, DTS HD Master Audio
- IP control capability with the HEOS Link turns any stereo system into a wireless zone (HEOS LINK sold separately)
If you want superb quality in your A/V receiver, then the Denon AVR-S500BT is for you. One thing you’ll love about this model is that it has built-in Bluetooth connectivity so you can stream your favorite music videos wirelessly using up to five devices, which means that the whole family can access their playlists on their iPhone, iPad or Android gadgets without the need to wire to a receiver. According to most online reviews for the best home theater receiver, another thing to convince you to buy this unit is it its Ultra HD 4K 60 Hz video-pass through feature. It also comes with 4:4:4 Pure Color for the highest resolution sub-sampling through the Game HDMI and Blu-ray inputs. Plus, it is completely compatible with 3D content, and has five HDMI inputs. And for a cheap price, you’ll be surprised that this feature-laden gadget doesn’t come with “surprises” anywhere.
- Yamaha RX-V379BL 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver with Bluetooth
- Bluetooth wireless music playback
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through with HDCP 2.2
- YPAO microphone audio calibration,All connected devices must be HDMI CEC compatible. Some CEC compatibleTVs / players may not work., Dimension 17-1/8" x 6" x 12-3/8"
- Virtual Cinema Front
- Extra Bass setting for smaller satellite speakers
Just like the Denon AVR-S500BT and Yamaha RX-V679BL, the Yamaha RX-V379BL also comes with 4K Ultra HD video and is compatible with HDCP 2.2. But what a lot of people say they love most about it is its discrete amplifier design and YPAO, which automatically sets your listening environment for amazing audio performance. Another reason people consider this model one of the best home theater receiver in the market nowadays is that it also supports Bluetooth connection for wireless playback of your precious music playlists.
One thing that might put you off though is the center channel wire inputs are made of the lower-end pull tab style, which means that you’ll need to make sure it suits your cabling needs.
- Yamaha RX-V577 7.2-channel Wi-Fi Network AV Receiver with AirPlay
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED and Wi-Fi Direct
- 7-ch surround receiver with Bi-amp capability
- Zone B speaker output and dual subwoofer output
- Spotify, Pandora and vTuner Internet radio streaming services
- AirPlay and HTC Connect device streaming
What you will love most about the Yamaha RX-V577 is its powerful surround sound with 115 watts per channel. It also supports 4K Ultra HD pass-through, as well as lets you stream music and the AV Controller App through a Wi-Fi network. When it comes to great audio quality, this unit has powerful bass sound despite its small speakers, as well as two subwoofer outputs. A good number of online reviews say that you’ll need to play around with the sound processing options to get the best listening experience. According to people who’ve bought this unit, it works great with the iPhone Yamaha app. So, if you want the best home theater receiver, then Yamaha RX-V577 is for you.
- Yamaha R-S201BL 2-Channel Stereo Receiver
- Advanced circuitry design
- Bluetooth to your favorite streaming music services
- 40 station FM/AM preset Tuning; Frequency Response : 10 Hz - 100 kHz (0 plus/ minus 0.5 dB / 0 plus/ minus 3.0 dB)
- Brushed aluminum finish and simplistic design
- Speaker selector for 2 systems.Input Sensitivity (CD):500 mV / 47 k ohms
The Yamaha R-S201BL is considered among the best home theater receiver not only for its sleek design, but also its high quality and durable sound, thanks to its Hi-Fi receiver. Both of which are based on the brand’s 125 years of experience in high-end model concepts. Yamaha has also equipped this model with terminals for two speaker systems. Through its selector, you’ll be able to switch between speaker outputs easily. People also like its power saving function, allowing you to shut it off automatically when the receiver isn’t being used for a certain period, or set it to 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours.
- Denon AVR-S700W 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Built in Bluetooth and Wi Fi Wireless Audio Streaming
- Ultra HD 4K 60 Hz video pass through; 4:4:4 Pure Color pass through
- 7.2 channel; 165 watts per channel maximum power
- Eco Mode for reduced power consumption
- 6 HDMI Inputs/1 Out
You’ll be pleased with the wireless connectivity offered by the Denon AVR-S700W A/V receiver via its built-in Bluetooth technology. This devices lets you stream your most loved music on your portable devices via Wi-Fi connection. Because this model is equipped with the latest HDMI specification, you’ll be able to view movies and shows with the highest resolution. It also comes with 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz frame rate video as well as 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling pass-through, making this device one of the best home theater receiver in the market today.
A word of advice from people who’ve bought the Denon receiver: the device will need to be reset if the connection fails once it starts to search for firmware update.
- Sony STRDH130 2 Channel Stereo Receiver
- 2 Channel Stereo Receiver(100W+100W @8ohm, 1kHz, THD 1%)
- 5 Analog Audio Inputs
- AM/FM Tuner
- 2x audio outputs, connect your TV, Blu-ray disc or DVD player, PlayStation 3, and more
Get a whole new kind of audio experience with the Sony STRDH130, a 2-channel Hi-Fi receiver that has 5 analog audio inputs, 2 analog audio output, 1 audio mini jack (for mobile devices) and headphone out. This model is believed to be among the best home theater receiver today because it makes you feel like you’re in a concert while playing your playlist in your entertainment or living room.
Some of the online reviews also reveal that for a receiver of its price, weight and size, you won’t be able to find other brands for a less cost that will hold up just as well or sound just as good as the Sony STRDH130.
- Onkyo TX-SR333 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver with Bluetooth
- 110 W/Ch. (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven, FTC); 65 W/Ch. (8 Ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.7% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- HDMI 2.0a Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D,Audio Return Channel, DeepColor, x.v.Color, Lip-sync, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Built-in Bluetooth to stream virtually any audio from your smartphone, tablet, or PC to your home theater for clear and powerful sound
- Connections to speakers and external devices are illustrated and clearly labeled on the back panel, HDMI video up-conversion with only one wire- every video signal is converted and sent to your TV through one HDMI cable
- Compatible Bluetooth profiles - A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)"
The Onkyo TX-SR333 will blow you away with its 5.1 channels of high-current low-distortion amplification capability. It’s also equipped with six 4K 60 Hz-capable HDMI 2.0 inputs to allow you to connect it with your media players and consoles. What makes it one of the best home theater receiver is that it has powerful audio, what with its massive transformer and Hi-Fi amplifiers, something not a lot of people would expect from a A/V receiver of this price. Plus, it has superb quality playback for any type of movie, games, music or TV show. However, the only thing that might put off sound enthusiasts is that it doesn’t come with Bluetooth connectivity.
Given all this information, you should now be able to compare specifications and make an informed decision. Just keep in mind that to get your money’s worth, you need to determine what features and functions you are looking for within a certain price range.