The 4 Best Options for a Hunting Backpack
Backpacks are essential for outdoor activities. They store not only necessities but anything else you might need on your trip. But these packs have become more than just a storage space – they also need to be built for the environment they will be in. This means that a pack should have ample space and also be sturdy enough to withstand the elements. Each person is different and as such, their definition of the best hunting backpack will always depend on the features available.
Top Choices for the Best Hunting Backpack
- Badlands Summit Backpack
- UNPARALLELED COMFORT: The Badlands Summit is constructed with AirTrackTM Suspension, an anatomically shaped waist belt, and load-lifting shoulder straps for the ultimate comfortable carry and fit
- DESIGNED TO CARRY EXTREME LOADS: Our newly designed suspension system and polycarbonate frame can handle more weight than you probably want to carry. Haul the biggest trophies out of anywhere
- TECHNOLOGICALLY SUPERIOR: Many pockets, easy access zippers, multiple stash zones, quality materials, and unbeatable construction make this one heavy duty hunting pack for the extreme hunter
- HIGH QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP: We use Ultralight Ripstop fabric that is extremely tear- and water-resistant. Backed by Badlands UNCONDITIONAL LIFETIME GUARANTEE
- TECHNICAL SPECS: 33inX16inX12in, Total Volume 5400 CI, Weighs 6LBS 1OZ, 2L Hydration Compatible, 7 Pockets, Bow and Rifle Carry Compatible, AirTrackTM Suspension
When it comes to buying hunting packs, there are a few premium brands you can trust and Badlands is one of them. With the Summit, the company designed a pack meant for multi-day hunting excursions. It was built for comfort even though it can carry as much as 100 pounds.
Pockets are a deciding factor when choosing a backpack, and the Summit has lots of them as well as zippers that are easy to access. Not only that, the Summit also has several zones where hunting items can be stashed. The Summit is a comfort to carry thanks to its polycarbonate frame, air track suspension, waist belt and shoulder straps.
- Eberlestock X2 Hunting BagPack
- FIELD TEST: We field test the X2 with a 100 lb. bag of sand attached to the pack by wrapping the X2's built-in compression straps around it. This pack will carry a serious load, like an elk quarter, just by banging it onto the front of the pack with 4 quick buckles.
- SUSPENSION: A full mesh back panel, with pads in the essential places, is separated from the main pack by a big air gap. This is a cool-wearing, tight riding little pack that has more capabilities than any book bag you'll ever find.
- POCKETS & STORAGE: The X2 opens its wings to unveil two tuck pockets inboard of the zippered hydration pockets. These are perfect for stowing a spotting scope and tripod, or other items you'll want quick access to.
- MULTI FUNCTIONS: At the bottom of the pack is the FlexChassis, ready to flip forward to use as a seat, or to cradle the bottom of a load that you strap to the front of the pack with its oversized compression straps.
- ULTIMATE CONVENIENCE: X-project packs are designed for the hunter that wants light and fast mobility. Whether you're a bow hunter or a gun hunter, once you've discovered the ability to move with your hands free from carrying your weapon, it'll change the way that you think about hunting.
One of the factors when looking for the best hunting backpack is the load capacity. With this model, you can carry an elk quarter by strapping it on the pack’s front in just four quick buckles. Quick access to gear is also essential in a good pack, and the X2 has got two tuck pockets where items such as a spotting scope and tripod can be stored for easy retrieval. Additional features are also welcome in a hunting pack and the X2’s bottom has a chassis can be turned into a seat.
- ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Freighter Frame Plus
- Made of durable Nylon Ripstop fabric, giving you a long lasting use in the harshest weather environments
- Organize your gear in one of the many pockets: two side accessory hinged pockets, main, front and spotting scope pocket
- Keep your essentials close with accommodation for clip-style holster, drop-down rifle pocket and hydration pocket and port
- Detach your bag and use the frame to haul out meat with a unique, secure lashing system
- Total Weight: 7 lbs. 5 oz., Bag Weight: 2 lbs. 3 oz., Size: 5250 cu. in.
This pack has all the storage you need to get your gear to camp. The OutdoorZ Commander has a front pocket, two side accessory hinged pockets, a spotting scope pocket and a rifle holder. This model can also serve as a Freighter Frame as the pack bag can be detached. With a lashing system in place, transporting meat from one place to another is made easier. Essentially, you get two items for the price of one with the ALPS OutdoorZ Commander.
- Tenzing TC1500 The Choice Hunting Daypack
- Breathable mesh back pad
- Padded hip panels
- H20 compatible - 3 liter
- 12 total compartments and pockets
- One internal fluted aluminum frame stay
When you’re only going to be hunting for the day, this is the pack for you. It was specifically designed with the day hunting trip in mind and as such, contains all the essentials needed for a day hunt. The pack has 12 compartments and pockets where you could stash your gear. The waist band is made of stretch material so you can adjust it for the perfect fit. The same silent tricot fabric found in the TC series is applied here so that any noise generated from removing gear is silenced. This pack is also best for those who hunt with arrows as it has a quiver attachment on the side.