The Top 5 12000 BTU Air Conditioners
If you live in a small house, or if you need to cool two to three rooms at a time, you’ll want to invest in 12000 BTU air conditioners. These machines can effectively cool areas that are at most 550 square feet in size and are ideal not just for homes but also for rental properties and small offices. But, with the numerous options available, which make and model should you buy?
The best way to answer this question is to do some research and look for high-quality units that give great value for money. To help you get started, we’ve listed some of the best 12000 BTU air conditioners below:
1. SPT WA-1222S
- 3 fan speeds; Modes: Dry, Auto, Energy Saver, Sleep
- Top air discharge; Fresh Air Vent for air circulation and odor removal
- Thermostat controlled energy saver; Electronic controls with digital display
- Auto Restart feature
- Energy Star Rated
This powerful model, which retails at just above $300, comes with electronic controls and digital display that let you easily choose the settings you want. It also has a fresh air vent, with promotes better air circulation and odor removal. It’s Energy Star-rated and has an Energy-Saver mode, so it allows you to cool your space without consuming a lot of energy and increasing your utility bill.
2. Frigidaire FFRA1222R1
- 12,000 BTU compact air conditioner for window-mounted installation uses standard 115V electrical outlet (Window mounting kit included)
- Quickly cools a room up to 550 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 3.8 pints per hour
- Multi-speed electronic controls with 24-hr. on/off timer
- Auto cool, Energy Saver mode, Sleep mode, fresh air vent, exhaust control, 8-way air direction and washable mesh filter with check filter alert
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 10.9.Watts (Cool): 1220
The FFRA1222R1 has multi-speed electronic controls along with a 24-hour timer, eight-way air direction, and three modes (Auto Cool, Energy Saver, and Sleep). It also comes with a full-function remote control so you can change the settings from anywhere in the room, and it gives you the ability to set your desired room temperature and allow the unit to maintain it. It even has an antimicrobial mesh filter that’s washable and reusable, along with an alert that notifies you when the filter needs to be cleaned. It’s yours at less than $400.
3. LG Electronics LW1215HR
- Air conditioner/supplemental heater with slide-out chassis for either window or wall installation (Window mounting kit included)
- 12,000 BTU cooling / 11,200 BTU supplemental heating (Special 230V electrical outlet required - unit will not work with a standard 115V outlet)
- Supplemental heat capability provides an additional heat source to your main heat source when outdoor temperatures are above 45 Degree
- For a room up to 550 sq. ft. with multi-speed electronic controls, dehumidification up to 3.3 pints per hour, and full-function remote control
- Thermistor thermostat, Energy Saver mode, 24-hr. on/off timer, 4-way air deflection and easy-clean mesh filter with "clean filter" alert. Air Flow (CFM) 265
Priced at around $500 to $600, this air conditioner can be either mounted on your window or installed through the wall. It can even be used as a supplemental heater during cold days, when outdoor temperatures reach 45 degrees Fahrenheit. It comes with two cooling speeds, two heating speeds, and two fan speeds, along with four-way deflection so you can direct the air up, down, left, or right, depending on your needs.
4. Haier ESA4122
- Electronic controls
- Full function remote - magnetic + braille
- Time/temperature display
- Digital temperature adjust
- 3 cooling/3 fan speeds + auto cool
One of the best things about this air conditioner (which sells for less than $400) is its remote control, which can be magnetically attached to the unit so it won’t get lost. The remote also has Braille controls, so it can be easily used by those who have visual impairment. The air conditioner comes with four modes (air cooling, energy saver, fan, and dehumidifier) along with 3 cooling speeds and 3 fan speeds.
5. Honeywell MN12CES
- [3-IN-1 APPLIANCE] 3-in-1 Honeywell Portable AC with Fan & Dehumidifier cools a room up to 400-450 sq. Ft. Automatic vertical wind motion helps distribute powerful cool/warm air evenly for fast & consistent cooling/heating. 12000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 6500 BTU (DOE+ 2017 Standard)
- [ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES, TRUSTED AMERICAN BRAND] Thermal overload protection for added safety & peace of mind. Dual Dust Filtration extends product life and performance by keeping internal system clean. UL, ETL certified to meet applicable & strict U. S. safety standards. ISTA-6 certified packaging for advanced product protection during delivery. One Year Wty with Local U. S. Support Team ready to help.
- [DUAL DUST FILTRATION, EASY SET UP & MAINTENANCE] Dual filters designed to protect from dust & hair to extend product life & performance. Filters clean easily under a faucet for easy maintenance. Full set window kit included for quick & easy installation for vertical and horizontal windows (max. Hose length is 4 feet)
- [DESIGNED FOR COMFORT] Full digital controls with 3 fan speeds, 24-hour energy saving timer & remote control with convenient digital display. Stress-free auto evaporation in cooling mode - no bucket to empty (except in areas with high humidity).
- [STAY DRY, DEHUMIDIFY] Built-in dehumidifier removes up to 69 pints/24 hours with continuous drain option for long unattended operation
This portable model is perfect if you don’t have enough space for window-mounted unit or if you want to have the ability to drag your air conditioner around the house. Unlike its window-mounted cousins, the MN12CES can cool a maximum of 450 square feet, but it’s a small price to pay for its portability and convenience. It comes with three speeds and an automatic 24-hour timer and, at 55 dbA, it’s quiet enough to let you sleep uninterrupted. The MN12CES can be yours at less than $600.
Check out these 12000 BTU air conditioners now to choose one that suits your cooling needs and budget!