Best Wire Strippers under $40
- Capri Tools 20013 Professional Wire Stripper and Cutter
- Compact, lightweight, and easily strips wires from 24-10 AWG
- Built in wire cutter
- Built in screw shearer for 6-32 and 8-32 screws
- Serrated nose pulls, bends, and shapes wires
- Coiled spring cutting action combined with ergonomic curved handle
Nothing could be more versatile than the Capri Tools 20013 Professional Wire Stripper and Cutter that has a built-in wire cutter and screw shearer. Its serrated nose pulls, shapes and bends wires according to your end. Ergonomic, lightweight and compact, this could be one of the best wire strippers yet.
- Klein Tools 11063W 8-22 AWG Katapult Wire Stripper
- Cuts and strips 8-22 AWG wire with ease
- Compound action stripping: grip and strip via single-action squeezing motion
- Precision machined stripping holes easily remove insulation without damaging the wire
- Removes up to 1-inch (25 mm) in length of the insulation layer (jacket layer) in a single step
- Tension loaded wire-grip gently holds the cable while retaining cable geometry
Designed for precision, the Klein Tools 11063W 8-22 AWG Katapult Wire Stripper lets you strip electrical wires without the risk of damaging the outer strands. Simply choose the right size hole and you get a clean strip every time. Its sturdy construction is definitely worth boasting about – recoil spring design, cast alloy chassis, compound action stripping, tension loaded wire grip, and precision machined stripping hole.
- IRWIN VISE-GRIP Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper, 8", 2078300
- SELF-ADJUSTING: Strip wire from 10 to 24 AWG with our self-adjusting mechanism. Jaw Width: 2 inches
- ADJUSTABLE STOPPER: Control the length of the core strip with the built-in adjustable stopper
- CRIMPING: Crimp 10-22 AWG insulated, 10-22 AWG non-insulated, and 7-9mm ignition terminals
- STRIPPING: Strip wire from 10-24 AWG while swivel knob micro-adjusts to strip gauges smaller than 20 AWG
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Each IRWIN hand tool is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the tool
With the IRWIN VISE-GRIP Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper, 8", 2078300, you can strip wires ranging from 10-24 AWG, and even micro-adjusts with the built-in swivel knob. What is even better is that it comes with an adjustable stopper that lets you control how long the core strip is. It also comes with a wire crimper that crimps wires with different gauges of insulation – 10-22 AWG insulated and 10-22 AWG non-insulated.
- Best Wire Stripper (CARBON STRENGTH STEEL) 5 Inch & Rust Resistant – 10 to 24 Guage Wires
- Strip insulation from #24 to #10 gauge wire without damaging the wiring
- Set-screw allows precision adjustment
- Heat-treated carbon steel
- Rust-resistant black oxide finish
Don’t be deceived by it seemingly simple appearance, the Best Wire Stripper (CARBON STRENGTH STEEL) 5 Inch & Rust Resistant – 10 to 24 Guage Wires can strip wire insulation from #24 to #10 gauge without damaging the wire itself. Built to last a long time, it is made of heat-treated carbon steel and finished with rust-resistant black oxide.
- Hozan P-967 Wire Stripper
The best wire strippers can strip both solid and stranded wires, and Hozan P-967 Wire Stripper is no exception. It can handle an insulation gauge of AWG 28/26/24/22/20/18 and AWG 30/28/26/24/22/20. It features an ergonomic design, sharp and operates smoothly.
- Neiko 01924A Self-Adjusting 3-in-1 Automatic Wire Stripper, Cutter and Crimping Tool
- Innovative wire stripper with self-adjusting mechanism is ideal for copper and aluminum cables from 10-24 AWG
- Specially designed and precisely machined teeth grabs, holds, pulls and removes outer jacket in a simple one-handed motion.
- Thumb wheel micro-adjusts jaw tension and clearance for perfect stripping on smaller gauge wires beyond 20 AWG
- Adjustable gauge/stopper controls the length of core wire from 1/4 to 3/4"
- High-frequency heat treated blades makes clean cuts on wires from 10-24 AWG
A wire stripper and crimper in one, the Neiko 01924A Self-Adjusting 3-in-1 Automatic Wire Stripper, Cutter and Crimping Tool makes cable and electrical work quick and easy. Use it for both aluminum and copper wire. It comes with a thumb-wheel for micro adjustments, making it easy to deal with smaller gauge wires. The crimper can handle 10-22 AWG insulated, 4-22 AWG non-insulated, and 7-8 mm auto ignited terminals.
- TEKTON 3797 7-Inch Wire Stripper/Cutter
- Ergonomic single curve handle design for more comfortable grip and better leverage
- Self-opening, spring-loaded hinge with safety lock
- Strips solid and stranded wire sizes 10-20 AWG; cuts screw sizes #8-32 and #10-32
- Shear-type wire cutter
- Looping holes bend wire ends to fit around screw terminals
Apart from stripping solid and stranded wires, the TEKTON 3797 7-Inch Wire Stripper/Cutter also cuts screws with sizes #8-32 and #10-32. It has looping holes for easy bending and fitting of wire ends around screw terminals.