Reviewing The Best Home Air Purifiers
Are you and your children pet lovers? If you are, there’s no doubt you feel the joy and warmth of having them around but you can’t also deny the fact that they also bring with them pet dander which can cause allergies. Why expose your loved ones to allergens when you can buy the best home air purifier your money can get?
Air quality is important in the home especially if there are kids and older people who are more susceptible to suffering from illnesses due to weak immune systems. This is why it’s important to invest in the best home air purifier available in the market today to ensure that only clean air circulates in the home and harmful airborne allergens and dander are eliminated. Especially if you have a child who has asthma
To give you an idea on what products you can choose from, here is a review on three available models which can help you pick the best home air purifier for your family:
1. GermGuardian AC5000E 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier System with UV Sanitizer and Odor Reduction, 28-Inch Tower
- True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of dust and allergens as small as .3 microns such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores and plant pollens.
- Air Purifiers with Charcoal filters reduce common odors from pets, smoking and cooking
- UV-C light technology works with Titanium Dioxide to kill airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores.
- 28 inch 3 speed tower is best used for medium to large rooms and CADR rated 125+
- IMPORTANT: Use GENUINE Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance and warranty. Only one single filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product; Replacement filter is filter C - Model FLT5000 (ASIN B003AKIGFS) . To lengthen the life of your filter, a 4 pack of the carbon filters is also available - Model FLT28CB4 (ASIN B017ANUUTA). Voltage: 120V 60Hz
This 3-in-1 air cleaning system belongs to the line of air purifying products distributed by GermGuardian. What makes this model apt to be regarded as the best home air purifier is the company’s claim about the absence of effects to the ozone layer as well as harmful chemicals. Moreover, a couple of pros buyer’s can take advantage of include the use of UV-C technology. This makes use of ultraviolet rays to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses in the surroundings, same sanitation practice observed in hospitals. This makes it effective for getting rid of molds and germs and guaranteed to filter 99.97% of allergens and dust. Also, it works well in areas between 100-800 square feet, making it suitable for almost any room size. It also has a charcoal filter that is reliable when it comes to freshening up any room since it can eliminate not only pet odor but also eliminates the lingering smell from cigarette smoking. As for appearance, the 28-inch tower is slim and does not take up so much space while its black color adds to its elegance and makes it easier to blend with any interior design and theme.
People who have bought this product have good reviews and some even consider it the best home air purifier they have bought. They talk about the big improvement it has made with the kind of air quality they have at home, saying they got the particular model because of weak immune system and allergies. So far, they are satisfied, especially with the convenience of cleaning the filter with running water.
Although there were issues on the noise it makes when turned on and the smell of plastic, especially when recently bought and the brightness of the light indicator, customers also reported the noise diminished in the passing of time and the brightness issue was addressed by simply covering it with tape.
2. Holmes HEPA Type Desktop Air Purifier, 3 Speeds plus Optional Ionizer, HAP242-NUC
- HEPA type filter helps remove up to 99% of airborne particles as small as 2 microns from the air passing through it
- 3 speed settings provide options for different conditions, and optional ionizer assists in particle removal
- Slim dual positioning design can be placed vertically or horizontally to best fit your space
- Recommended for rooms up to 109 sq ft (10ft x 11ft), Smoke CADR 70
- Use any Holmes AER1 Series Filters or Holmes HAPF30D-U2 HEPA TYPE or Holmes HAPF300D-U2 TRUE HEPA Filter & a Holmes Arm and Hammer Carbon Filter AOR31
Dreaming of breathing clean air at home but not having the luxury to spend over a hundred dollars? This particular model is the best home air purifier for you because its price does not put a heavy dent in your bank account. Ideal for small rooms with an area of about 100 square feet, this desktop air purifier is compact yet effective in maintaining air quality. It has three speed settings to choose from so users can adjust its performance accordingly. It also has an optional Ionizer which makes it possible for dust and pollen to form into bigger particles as they bind with the negative ions. This makes them easier to capture, thus ensuring cleaner air circulation. Buyers love its flexibility since it offers dual positioning, allowing users to enjoy optimal performance. It also has a carbon filter. As for durability, the unit is made of plastic and boasts of Microban protection, making it free from dust and mold production. Customers who already own this product are impressed with how this little product does so much in eliminating allergens and odor. When it comes to filter replacement, it usually takes around 6-8 months before a new one is needed. In the meantime, hot, soapy water does the job in keeping the filter clean. And for the noise it makes, users are not really considering it an issue and some refer to it as the best home air purifier especially for people looking to get their money’s worth.
If there is one particular con for this product, it is probably the room area it is capable of covering, which is small to medium size rooms. But if one is shopping for an air purifier for certain areas of the house, this is a great choice and is fit to be regarded as the best home air purifier.
3. Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier, HEPA Air Cleaner, AP51030K
- Filters air 4.8 times per hour in a 500 square feet room
- Quiet and easy to use electronic controls
- True HEPA 0.3 micron filtration
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CEDR) 315
- 4 Fan speeds, plus sleep and turbo modes
Tired of pet dander, dust mites and other microbial irritants in your home? This is one model you might consider the best home air purifier when it comes to larger rooms in the home. Ideal for rooms of medium or large sizes, this model belongs to the product line of Whirlpool, an appliance giant serving consumers for years. It has a pre-filter that needs to be replaced between four to six months and a HEPA filter that needs replacement every year but it works 4.8 times than other premium air purifiers. Reviewers find its four-speed setting convenient as well as its sleep and turbo modes. They are also pleased with the five-level filter status indicator, making it easier for owners to replace the filter at the right time. This guarantees the product to give optimum performance and last longer. It is great for eliminating odors from smoking and cooking apart from providing better air quality. Pet owners also love how the air purifier does a great job taking care of the dander and odor without creating too much noise which can be stressful for dogs and cats.
One setback mentioned by those who have brought this model is the pricey filter. However, the initial investment for owning the best home air purifier and the five-year warranty that comes with it can definitely make up for a pricey necessity. As for the price tag on the unit, this is more expensive than the other two mentioned above, considering that the model from Holmes also works on medium to large rooms. Customers who spent money to buy this product, though, attest to the great difference of air quality in their homes ever since they started using this air purifier. Despite its cost, they still recommend this as the best home air purifier and worth the investment.
Maintaining good air quality at home is of utmost importance because your health and that of your family depend on it. This is why it is wise to learn more information about the product you have in mind and have a myriad of choices available. Additionally, there are many factors to consider before parting with your hard-earned money for any purchase. In the case of air purifiers, these include room size, manufacturer, price and capacity. You might even want to put weight on power consumption. All things considered, finding the best home air purifier will be a breeze and you can start with the three models discussed above.