The 5 Best Backyard Playsets
Like many parents, you probably want to have your kids to have the best backyard playsets. This way, they can play with swings, slides, and other equipment without having to go to the park. Of course, they’ll become more encouraged to play outside in the sunshine instead of spending their time in front of a screen.
But, with the wide range of options available, it can be hard to separate the wheat from the chaff and choose the right play set to buy. To help you get started, we’ve listed some of the best backyard playsets:
- Gorilla Playsets Nantucket Swing Set
- Tongue and Groove wood roof protects from the elements
- Recommended for ages 3 to 11 years old
- 3-stations provide space for the belt swings and trapeze bar
- Cedar lumber is naturally resistant to rot, decay, and insect damage
- Includes Alpine Wave Slide, Rock Wall with Climbing Rope, Safe Entry Ladder, 2 Belt Swings, Trapeze Swing, Built-In Sandbox Area with Corner Seats, Tic-Tac-Toe Panel, Steering Wheel and Telescope
Priced at around $1,300, this swing set might seem too expensive at first glance. But, with its 800-lb capacity and sturdy redwood construction that offers 10 activities, it’s actually great value for your money. Through this play set, your child can play with two belt swings, one trapeze swing, a wave slide, and a rock climbing wall with attached rope. He’ll also have access to a telescope, a tic-tac-toe panel, and a sandbox. The chimney, dormer windows, and wood roof sunburst designs add an elegant touch.
- Lifetime Big Stuff Adventure Play Set
- Fun, free standing playset for kids aged 3-12; includes- clubhouse with hardtop roof, 2 belt swings, trapeze bar, 9' wavy slide, propeller swing, climbing wall, cargo net, activity board and ships wheel with binoculars
- Constructed of high-density polyethylene and powder-coated steel; durable, weather-resistant, and will not warp, rot, crack, or splinter like wooden playsets
- Designed for safety; hard edges are rounded or covered with plastic caps; soft rubber grips on swing chains prevent pinching
- Total area of unit- 13' 11" x 15' 9"
- Free standing- no cement or anchoring required; backed by a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty
The first thing you’ll notice about this freestanding play set is its durability. It’s made of powder-coated steel and high-density polyethylene, which means it can resist all types of weather and last for years. It comes with a clubhouse, two belt swings, a nine-feet wave slide, a climbing wall, and a propeller swing, along with an activity board and a ship’s wheel with binoculars. It comes in at around $1,800.
3.IRON KIDS Kids Outdoor Playground
- Limited Lifetime Warranty on the support frame
- 42"Fitness Jumper Trampoline - Develops a sense of balance and space and also can enhance full body coordination. Strengthens the legs, knees and hamstring muscle groups
- Steel Corkscrew Shaped Ground Stakes Included for stability and security
- U shaped "Arch Built" support post prevent movement during use
- Your child will burn calories,strengthen muscles,and enhance full body coordination.
You don’t need to have a large budget to have a backyard play set. With this set, you can keep 6 kids busy and happy for less than $300! It comes with a trampoline, a slide, two slides, and monkey bars, and it even has a canopy that protects your kids from the sun. You can even add a kiddie pool to the bottom of the slide to turn it into a water slide! It’s a great way to encourage your children to play outdoors without spending too much.
4.Little Tikes Clubhouse Swing Set
- Backyard swing set with built-in playhouse and toddler swings and sliding board
- Two ways to climb to the platform of the clubhouse
- Large slide with handrails, sized especially for younger kids
- Durable and sturdy to ensure safety during outdoor playtime
- Includes 2 Cozy Toddler Swings and mounting hardware
If you have a toddler or preschooler, you’ll love the Little Tikes Clubhouse Swing Set. It’s specially designed for kids from two to six years old, so you know your children can have fun without having to worry for their safety. The set includes two swings, a slide with handrails, a climbing wall, a rope ladder, and a clubhouse with a roof, and it can accommodate four kids weighing a maximum of 60 lbs each. Bring the set home for less than $600!
5. Backyard Discovery Skyfort II All Cedar Wood Swing Playset
- Elevated play: Backyard Discovery offers a large, raised Clubhouse on the sky fort II featuring a wooden roof, trimmed windows, a covered upper porch, unique bay windows and a sun deck.
- Crow's nest: the elevated crow's nest with telescope provide a rare Feature that will bring out imagination and adventure to any child.
- Lower fort: a lower deck packs in ground level fun by including a snack stand picnic table as well as a sandbox area, All combined to double as a lower wooden playhouse.
- High flying swings: two belt swings and a two-person glider provides swinging fun for up to 4 kids at once.
- Standard play: We didn't forget the necessities. A rock climbing wall, monkey bars, and 10 foot wave slide; we included it all.
Turn your backyard into the ultimate playground with this playset! Priced at around $1,500, it comes with two belt swings, a swing glider, a ten-foot slide, a rock climbing wall, and monkey bars. There’s also a clubhouse with a wood roof, complete with a covered entryway and a balcony with a telescope; beneath the clubhouse, there’s a picnic table and bench along with a sandbox.
Use our list of the best backyard playsets to choose the right product for your kids and for your budget!