The Top 5 Best Chipper Shredders
Gardeners, landscapers, and tree removal experts will want to have the best chipper shredder since it helps them easily dispose of yard waste. Through this machine, they can turn tree branches and other bulky items into more manageable waste that they can either use as compost or recycle into paving materials. Even homeowners will want to have a wood chipper and/or shredder, particularly if they have a large property.
But, if you’re shopping around for this machine, which make and model should you buy? There are lots of options available and choosing from them can be confusing, but don’t worry since you can use the list below to select the best chipper shredder:
1. Patriot Products CSV-3100B 10 HP Briggs & Stratton Gas-Powered Wood Chipper/Leaf Shredder
- The chipping power of the 10 hp Briggs engine coupled with Patriot's unique design will wow you.
- Make short work of branches up to 3 inches in diameter.
- Shredding leaves is a breeze with Patriot's swinging y-hammer system.
- The side discharge allows you to work in the same location all day long without moving the chipper.
- 50 State Compliant
What do you get when you combine Patriot’s trademarked unique design with the incredible power of a 10 HP Briggs & Stratton engine? Well, you’ll get the CSV-3100B, a high-performance machine that can break down branches up to 3 inches in diameter in no time. This model comes with Patriot’s swinging Y-hammer system that allows it to easily shred leaves and other vegetative waste.
2. Patriot Products CSV-2515 14 Amp Electric Wood Chipper/Leaf Shredder
- Purchase Patriot's Electric Cord now and EXTEND YOUR CHIPPER’S WARRANTY ONE YEAR.
- The quiet, smooth, maintenance free electric motor starts with just the flip of a switch.
- Easily shred mountains of leaves by sliding them into the large hopper on the top of the unit.
- The Patriot will make coin-sized chips out of branches up to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- All processed material will discharge out the side of the machine into the standard collection bag.
If you want to have an electric chipper/shredder instead of a gas-powered one, you won’t go wrong with the CSV-2515. There’s no need to top up oil or gas; simply plug the machine into a 110-volt outlet, flip the switch on, and you’re good to go. It weighs less than 100 lbs and comes with large wheels that make the unit easy to transport around your garden.
3. Tazz Chipper Shredders K32 Chipper Shredder
No products found.
This machine comes with a 212cc Viper engine that’s powerful enough to process branches up to 3 inches in diameter. The engine has an easy-start design, so you won’t have to struggle when turning the machine on. The K32 measures only 24 inches wide and 29.9 inches long, which means it won’t take up a lot of space and can easily be stored in your garage or garden shed.
4. Southland SCS2052 Chipper Shredder
- Featuring a Briggs and Stratton 205-CC Engine
- Designed with 2-Steel Blades with a 10:1 Reduction Ratio and a 2.5-Inch Chipping Capacity
- Offering a 2-Way Feed, Oversized Funnel, and a 5-Bushel Collection Bag
- Optional Tow-Hitch Available
- Integrated 10-Inch Pneumatic Wheels Offer Amazing Maneuverability
The SCS2052 comes with a 250cc Briggs and Stratton engine and two steel blades that have a 10:1 reduction ratio, which combine to create a powerful machine with a two-inch chipping capacity. It’s also built with a tool-free grate access for effortless cleaning and maintenance, along with 10-inch pneumatic wheels that make it easier for you to move the chipper shredder around. You can even get the optional tow hitch for smoother and easier transportation.
5. Sun Joe CJ601E 14-Amp Electric Wood Chipper/Shredder
No products found.
The CJ601E’s 14-amp motor allows it to efficiently break down branches up to 1.5 inches thick and turn them into nutrient-rich mulch. The motor comes with a safety hopper and locking knob to prevent it from turning on when it’s open, which helps increase user safety and prevent accidents. The machine has a compact design along with two 6-inch wheels, which make it portable and easy to store.
These are just a few of the wood chippers and shredders that are available online. Learn more about these makes and models to choose the best chipper shredder for you.