The 5 Best Log Splitters
There’s nothing wrong with manually chopping firewood in the good old-fashioned way, but why go through the hassle when you can use the best log splitter? With the help of this device, you can easily split logs into smaller pieces that would fit your fireplace — without getting sweaty and using up a lot of time.
Not sure which make and mode to buy? Don’t worry since we’ve got you covered. Just browse through the products we’ve listed below to choose the best log splitter for your home:
1. Sun Joe LJ10M Logger Joe 10 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter
- For logs up to 18 in. long x 8 in. wide
- Powerful hydraulic ram builds up to 10 tons of driving force
- Log cradle prevents split wood from falling. Wheel size (inch): 2.48
- Durable steel construction. Other features: wheels for easy portability
- Full 2-year warranty
This unit comes with a two-speed, manually operated hydraulic ram that provides it with 10 tons of driving force, allowing it to cleanly split logs that are 8 inches wide and 18 inches long. Its durable steel construction helps it produce excellent power and allows it to last for a long time, while its rear wheels and compact design make it easy to store and maneuver around your home. You’ll love the fact that it’s easy to use and that it comes with a full two-year warranty.
2. Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter
- Powerful 2 HP electric motor
- 7 tons of splitting force
- Convenient one-Handed operation
- Automatic ram return
- 2-year residential warranty.Hydraulic Pressure (psi):3500
With a 2 HP electric motor, a professional-grade hydraulic system, and automatic ram return function, this device can finish the tasks in half the time and will definitely give you bang for your buck. There’s no need to worry if you haven’t used a log splitter before; the ES7T20 has an easy push-button electronic start and is designed for one-handed operation, so learning how to use it can be a breeze.
3. Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter
- Motor 3HP, 7 Ton, 2500 Watt, 3500RPM- no running out of gas and starts every time
- Hydraulic, and Portable Electric Log Splitter
- Log Cutting Capacity: up to 20-1/2-inch in Length and 12-inch in Diameter
- Ram Travel Distance: 15.7-inch
- Net Weight: 104lbs
This device comes with a powerful 3 HP, 2,500-watt, 3,500-RPM motor, so you know that it starts every time you want to use it and that you won’t need to top off the gas every now and then. Its ram has a travel distance of 15.7 inches, which allows it to split wood in six seconds and be back in its original position in five seconds, ready for the next log. The splitter can accommodate a hardwood log with a maximum diameter 12 inches and maximum length of 20.5 inches.
4. Champion Power Equipment No.92221 Gas Powered Log Splitter, 22-Ton
- Powerful - 22 tons of splitting capacity with a large 196cc Champion single-cylinder OHV engine, allowing you to easily handle large logs up to 22 inches in length and 100 pounds in weight
- Innovative - Multi-wedge design creates 4 time-saving cuts in one pass, plus a single split wedge adapter is also included
- Portable - Towable up to 45 mph and fits most ATV/UTV towing applications with an extended tongue, 2-inch ball hitch coupler and 16-inch tires
- Efficient - 15-second cycle time and dependable auto-return valve capable of 240 cycles per hour
- Reliable - Champion Support includes 2-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
What’s not to love about this machine? It’s powered by a Champion 196cc OHV Engine, comes with a 4-inch by 23-inch hydraulic cylinder, and has a two-stage, 11 gallon per minute hydraulic pump that can produce a maximum pressure of 3,500 psi. It also has a cycle time of 14 seconds and can accommodate logs with a length of 24 inches and a maximum weight of 100 lbs. All of these combine to create a powerful and dependable machine that helps make log splitting an easier and less stressful task.
5. Dirty Hand Tools 100171, 22 Ton Horizontal/Vertical Gas Log Splitter
No products found.
The 100171 is more expensive than other models but, if you look closer, you’ll see that the cost is worth it. For one thing, it’s built with a 6.5 HP 196 cc Kohler SH265 engine and a 4-inch diameter cylinder with a 24-inch stroke, both of which make the machine powerful and help it have an excellent performance. It can do both vertical and horizontal splitting and can complete a full cycle in just 10.9 seconds, which means it can complete the job in a fast and efficient way.
Learn more about these machines to know which one is the best log splitter for you.