The 5 Best Phones Under $300
Perhaps you want to replace your old smartphone with a new one but don’t have a large budget. Or maybe you’d like to switch from a QWERTY phone to a touchscreen one but don’t want to spend too much. Either way, you’ll want to look into the best phones under $300.
But don’t just buy the cheapest phone you see! Instead, do your research and look for devices that have all the features you need and want in a smartphone but won’t drill a large hole in your pocket. We’ve listed some of the best phones under $300 to help you with your search:
1. Samsung Galaxy J5 J500M
- 5.0-inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen
- Android v5.1 (Lollipop)
- 13 Megapixel Camera (4128 x 3096 pixels) w/ Autofocus, LED Flash + Front-facing 5 Megapixel Camera w/ LED Flash
- Quad-Core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 Processor, Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 41, Adreno 306 Graphics
- Internal Memory: 8GB, 1.5GB RAM + microSD Slot Expandable up to 128GB
The unlocked version of this model, which has a 5-inch Super AMOLED display, is a bargain at less than $200. It has a 1.5GB RAM and an internal memory of 8GB, which can be expanded up to 128GB through a microSD card. Take clear, sharp pictures and selfies with its 13MP rear camera and 5MP front camera.
2. ALCATEL OneTouch Idol 3
- The IDOL 3 comes integrated with LTE data speeds. LTE is up to 2X faster than standard 4G when using data on your phone. If you want to stream music, or download a show, or even watch a weather update... No worries, our IDOL 3 has you covered with LTE.
- True to life music featuring JBL audio with award-winning JBL audio, IDOL 3 brings an amazing on-the-go music experience. With dual front-facing stereo speakers, the IDOL 3 packs professional audio quality for true-to-life sound.
- IDOL 3 has been specially tuned for leading color and image innovation through Technicolor Color Enhance technology, giving the IDOL 3 a vivid cinematic color experience. Get a clear view of your pictures and videos from any angle, even in direct sunlight
- IDOL 3 comes packed with a 13MP main camera and wide-angle 8MP front camera that will excite even the most passionate photophilic with a full-featured camera application, including time-lapse, HDR, panoramic and manual mode
- Powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, the IDOL 3 delivers ultra-fast 4G LTE connectivity. Get lost in stunning HD video and console-quality gaming, made all the more realistic with 5.1 surround sound
The 5.5-inch Idol 3 is built with Technicolor Color Enhance technology, which means you’ll enjoy cinematic color experience and clearly see your pictures and videos even in direct sunlight. It also comes with a 13MP rear camera, an 8MP front camera, a large-capacity, 2910 mAh battery, and 5.1 surround sound with JBL audio. It’s yours at less than $150!
3. Huawei Honor 5X
- Unlocked Dual SIM LTE smartphone with three card slots. Supports nano-sim, micro-SIM, and a microSD card up to 128GB. Works with AT&T and T-Mobile Networks.
- Sleek, robust housing crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum made with four metal finishing processes.
- An accurate fast fingerprint sensor improves with time and unlocks in 0.5 Seconds. Set your fingers as shortcuts to call contacts and take photos.
- Powered by Android 5.1 Lollipop with 16GB Internal memory and 2 GB RAM. A Qualcomm 64-bit Octa-Core Processor renders a smooth, responsive experience.
- A Picture perfect 5.5-Inch, 1080P full HD display can Show off your 13MP Camera pictures with shooting modes like time-lapse, slow-motion, and perfect-selfie. Please Note: Kindly refer the User Guide before use which is highly essential.
The unlocked version of this phone, which retails at less than $200, comes with three card slots for micro- and nano-SIMs as well as a microSD card up to 128GB. One of the best things about this 5.5-inch phone is that it’s built with aircraft-grade aluminum, so it can definitely withstand the rigors of daily life. It also comes with a fingerprint sensor, which lets you easily unlock the phone and enjoy an extra layer of security.
4. ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser
- GSM model, Dual SIM Card Slot, Android 5.0 Operating System, Front Camera: 5 Mega Pixels ; Rear Camera: 13 Mega Pixels, Autofucus, LED Flashlight, 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM, 5", HD 1280 x 720 Display.
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
- Please check if your GSM cellular carrier supports the bands for this model before purchasing, LTE may not be available in the US as this is the international model: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS800 (B6), UMTS850 (B5), UMTS900 (B8), UMTS1900 (B2), UMTS2100 (B1), LTE2100 (B1), LTE850 (B5), LTE1800 (B3), LTE800 (B18), LTE900 (B8), LTE800 (B6), LTE1700/1800 (B9), LTE800 (B19), LTE700 (B28).
- This device may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international items Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.
- The box contains: Your new device, USB cable, Charger (may be foreign) If so, a FREE US adapter will be included, Documentation.
Priced at around $200 or so, this 5.5-inch phone offers value for money because of its Gorilla Glass 4 screen, which is less susceptible to damage and breaking. It comes with a high-capacity 3000 mAh battery, which is removable and can be easily replaced when it’s no longer functioning properly. Along with its 13MP rear and 5MP front cameras, it’s built with full manual camera mode so you can enjoy a DSLR experience with your smartphone.
5. Moto G (4th Generation)
- Fast 4G LTE speed, an up to 1.5 GHz octa-core processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a bright 5.5" full HD (1080p) display ensures videos and games run smoothly and look great
- Enjoy the best of Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow, including Google Play Store, Google Maps, Gmail and more
- Offers and ads, including personalized deals and recommendations, display on the phone's lockscreen
- Take brilliant photos with the 13 MP HD camera or snap group shots with a 5 MP wide-angle selfie cam. Add up to 128 GB of additional storage with a microSD card
- The all-day battery includes TurboPower charging which provides up to 6 hours of use in just 15 minutes
This popular handset comes in two variants in terms of storage capacity: the 16GB (which retails at around $200) and the 32GB (which is priced at just over $200). Either way, you’ll get a powerful 5.5-inch phone that has a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon 617 Octa-Core CPU, a 1920 x 1080 IPS LCD display, a 13MP rear camera, and a 5MP front camera. The Moto G4 is built with Android Marshmallow 6.0.1, but it’s due to receive Android Nougat any time soon.
These are just some of the best phones under $300. Check them out to see which make and model best suits your budget and smartphone needs.