5 of the Best Portable Washing Machine Options
While a portable washer may not equal the strength and capabilities of a standard washer, owning one does carry with it some significant benefits. A lot of people are now living in apartments and condos. Some of these buildings may or may not have a washer and dryer of their own. As such, there’s a need to haul dirty laundry over to Laundromat – this can be an inconvenience for some, especially those that have young children. This is why it helps to have a portable machine that can wash clothes right at home. But what is the best portable washing machine available?
The Choices for Top Portable Washing Machines
- Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1 Cu. Ft. Portable Washer
- Portable washer with 1-cubic-foot stainless-steel tub for loads up to 6 pounds
- 3 water levels and 3 wash cycles; electronic controls with LED indicators
- Quiet operation; cycle-status lights; end-of-cycle signal; adjustable leveling leg
- Smooth-rolling casters; easy-installation kit with quick-connect sink adapter included
- Measures approximately 17-1/4 by 17-3/5 by 30 inches
The HLP21N Pulsator from Haeir puts ease into doing laundry. With three wash cycles to choose from – heavy, normal and quick – you have different options when it comes to washing clothes with different soiled levels. The 1 cu. ft. Pulsator is also easy to drain thanks to its sink adapter – drain at the tub or the sink. All you need to do to use the washer is hook it to a faucet. The washer is also made of stainless steel making it rust resistant and it’s 1 cubic foot capacity allows it to wash up to 10 large men’s shirts in one go. Lastly, the casters that come with the washer extremely portable, allowing you to move it anywhere around the house.
- Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine (XPB45)
- Panda is Top Brand in Washing Machine Category
- Provides various choices for your need with excellent quality and customer service
- XPB45 is larger capacity of 10lbs -12lbs.
- Bulit in Pump for easy drainage
- Good for family of 3-6 people
This model is capable of washing a 10-pound load but it’s spin dryer can only carry half of that. While that may look like much of an issue, some users do prefer to wash and dry in just one go. With a built-in pump, this twin-tub machine makes draining water very easy. While some of its features may pale when put up against the competition, the addition of dryer eases the burden of finding someplace to dry out clothes.
- Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub 11 LB Washing Machine and Spin Dryer
- This is our portable mini compact twin tub washing machine which is easy for you to operate.
- The capacity of total laundry 16lbs(washer:11lbs,spinner 6.6lbs) can bring you much convenience in your life.
- The washing timer can be controled up to 15 minutes while the spin timer can be controled up to 5 minutes for each load.
- This washing machine has 1300RPM motor with a voltage frequency of 110V/60HZ.
- Be aware that the temperature should be 129.2 Fahrenheit degree or lower.
Like the Panda XPB45, this Giantex model bags a best portable washing machine nod for being a washer/dryer combo. This is the best option for those who don’t have a line to dry their clothes or don’t want to invest in a drying rack.
- XtremepowerUS Portable Compact Washer and Spin Dry Cycle with Built-in Pump
- Washing rating 300w & spin drying rating 150w
- Capacity: 8.8lbs washing maching and 4.4lbs spinning machine
- XtremepowerUS Mini washer and dryer is deal for doing small load of delicate clothing, such as under garments, socks, towels and T shirt
- The compact size is great for dorms, apartments, condos, motor homes, RV'S
- 31" W x 25" H x 16" D
Compared to the other washers on this list, this portable model from XtremepowerUS has a rather small load of 8.8 pounds. However, it does earn plus points for being a washer and dryer in one. Then again, just like the Panda and Giantex models, you will need two spins to get your clothes dry.
- The Laundry Alternative Wonderwash Non-Electric Portable Compact Mini Washing Machine
- Non-electric, Hand-crank unit washes a 5-lb. load super clean in just a couple of minutes.
- New patent-pending E-Z lid lever much easier to use than older lid screw design.
- Perfect for apartments, singles, boats, RV's and even small frequent loads like hand washables and diapers.
- Is ideal for delicates such as woolens, silks, knitted dresses and cashmere garments.
- Uses far less water than even hand washing and no electricity. 3-year warranty. Handle insert won't fall out in 1-2 years like other models.
Call this machine an exercise for your arms: it’s a hand-crank model. It’s the also the washer with the smallest load capacity at five pounds. It’s great to take on the road given it doesn’t need electricity to operate.