The Top 5 Best Shower Chairs
Using the best shower chair is a great way to stay safe in the bathroom. This is particularly true if you have physical disabilities as well as limitations caused by advancing age. This is also the case if you’re experiencing joint and muscle problems that might put you at higher risks for slips and falls.
But don’t just buy the first chair that catches your eye. To ensure your safety and get great value for money, you need to choose the best shower chair. You can start your search by exploring the options below:
1. Drive Medical Premium Series Shower Chair with Back and Arms
- Easily adjust height in 1/2" increments without the use of tools; Visible height indicator makes adjustments quick and easy
- Enhanced comfort seat fits all shapes and sizes
- Tool-Free removal of back, legs, and arms for easy storage and portability
- Lightweight design has large stable legs with soft non-slip feet
- Seat Dimensions: 16.5"(D) x 21.75"(W) x 16-20.5" (H); Outside Legs: 15.5"(D) x 17"(W); Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
One of the best things about this unit is that you can easily customize it to your needs. You can adjust the height in increments of half an inch without having to use tools, and you can remove its back, arms, and legs to easily store and carry it. The chair has a specially designed seat that provides comfort for all sizes and shapes.
2. Dr Kay's Adjustable Height Bath and Shower Seat Top Rated Shower Bench
No products found.
If you need a heavy-duty chair, this one is for you. It’s designed to accommodate up to 250 lbs of body weight and comes with adjustable leg height that can reach up to 18.5 inches. The best part about this is that the chair itself weighs only 4 lbs, making it highly portable and easy to store.
3. Ez2care Adjustable Lightweight Shower Bench
- SHOWER WITH EASE: This best-selling transfer bench shower chair makes transfers from wheelchairs or walkers to the bath or shower so much easier with its safe sliding design, minimizing physical strain on the user and caregiver alike!
- EASY TO USE: Simply position one end of the sliding shower & Bath tub transfer bench inside the shower and the other side outside the tub. With the help of a caregiver, have the person carefully sit on the seat and gently slide them over the lip of the tub and into the shower.
- SAFE & SECURE: This shower bench for the elderly offers integrated safety features including, rust-resistant aluminum frame with blow molded seat with back rest, hook and loop safety belt, nylon strap locks hold seat in place, suction cup rubber anti-slip feet, removable cut-out for easy perineal access, and handle for extra stability while showering.
- TOOL-FREE DESIGN: Easily assembles in minutes with detailed instructions in English. Free Standing bath bench shower chair design does not require any permanent mounting hardware.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Overall Shower and Bathtub Safety Dimensions: 39"W x 18"D x 37"H. Adjustable Seat Height from Floor: 19" ~ 23.5". Seat Dimensions: 19"W x 14.5"D. Contains Latex. Overall Weight: 14.5 lbs. Weight Capacity: 400 lbs.
With an anti-slip seat surface as well as slip-resistant rubber tips, this chair stays stable and ensures your safety no matter how wet you get from the shower. Its adjustable seat height can reach up to 16.5 inches, while its sturdy construction allows it to accommodate up to 250 pounds. The chair’s legs are made of anodized and corrosion-resistant aluminum, so you don’t have to worry about leaving it in the bathroom for a long time.
4. Bath Bench with Back Adjustable Height, Lightweight Shower Bench with Non-slip Seat
No products found.
You’ll love many things about this chair: its 325 lb weight capacity, its easy no-tool assembly, and its highly durable seat that comes with drainage holes to prevent slipping. It has an anti-corrosive aluminum frame which is paired with a seat that’s made of blow-molded plastic, and it has adjustable legs with angled suction tips for extra safety.
5. NOVA Medical Products Deluxe Bath Seat with Back & Arms
- Durable blow molded seat and back with drainage holes, comfortable padded arms and skid resistant rubber tips, weighs only 7 pounds
- Assembles and UN-assembles in just minutes with no tools required. Great for storage or travel
- Aluminum frame is strong, lightweight and rust proof with adjustable legs and a 300-pound weight capacity
- Width between arms: 19.25"; Seat height: 16" to 21"; Seat dimensions: 15.75"W x 13"D; Overall dimensions: 21.5"W x 19"D
- Overall footprint at the lowest point: 18.75"W x 17.25"D; Overall footprint at the tallest point: 19.75"W x 18.5"D
This model mixes safety and comfort with its padded arms, skid-resistant safety tips, and blow-molded seat and back. It weighs only 7 lbs and can be assembled and disassembled even without tools, which means you can easily store it and bring it with you when you travel. The chair comes with adjustable legs and has an anodized aluminum frame that can keep rust away and help it last for a long time.
There are lots of options in the market, but it’s important to do your research to make the right purchase. Explore the products above to choose the best shower chair now!